Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ann Coulter - Redux... And other thoughts

So, I'm watching Bill Maher's HBO show (Real Time with Bill Maher), which I rarely watch, but it happened to be on while I was awake. He began a discussion regarding Ann Coulter calling John Edwards a faggot. He wanted to know why she would do that.

David Kuo (author of Tempting Faith) said in answer, "He talks about the poor. And for Republicans, Ann Coulter said it, he's weak. The idea of caring about the poor, taking care of the poor and talking about these issues is weak."

How can taking care of the poor mean that you are weak?

Jesus spoke of the poor more than anything else. Would the right wing call Him weak? Does the right wing really think that?

And -- I'm not blaming the right for this entirely -- when did the world get so mean? No one wants to do nice things for other people anymore. Maybe, I'm just in a bad mood tonight, but it seems to me that the world is getting meaner.

On the same program, Maher had as one of his guests, Deepak Chopra. Chopra mentioned that he had lectured in the Soviet Union during the cold war. Maher said, "A lot of money, I bet." Chopra countered with "Oh, yes, of course." Maher said, "You're a spiritual leader, but you like lolly." Again, Chopra came back with a good line, "I'm a prophet, spelled P R O F I T." At least he's honest.

Finally, Dennis Troha. I don't have anything to say about him, but my blogs seem to get more comments and notice if I just mention his name.

God Bless





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Jesus spoke of the poor more than anything else."

Theologians have always thought that Jesus spoke to anyone who would listen. Because Jews were hoping for a Messiah around that time, they listened to another Jew, in fact a Pharisaic Jew named Jesus of Nazareth.

Theologians will be pleased to learn that Jesus “spoke mostly to the poor,” because nobody knew until now whom Jesus spoke to the most.

Bridley