Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Senator Brownback is a self-servicing jerk

Judge Neff apparently attended a lesbian marriage ceremony in 2002. Senator Brownback, who wants the Republicans to vote for him in 2008, is making an issue of this. Now, I don't know who's wedding she attended, but it is none of the bad Senator's business. Nor, is it ours. He wants her to promise to not rule on any same sex marriage cases that might come before her. What kind of crapola is that?

Look, if we're going to bring this issue to the forefront, than I want anyone who is personally against gay marriage to not be allowed to rule on it. Fair is fair. If a judge has made a public statement against gay marriage he or she should not be allowed to make a ruling...

Except, I believe that our judges in this country are better than that. I believe that a judge can make an impartial and constitutional ruling on anything based solely on the facts of the case. I'm going to ignore that Senator Brownnose isn't smart enough to realize that our constitution actually supports gay marriage and concentrate on judges.

Some judges have to throw out evidence that places a murderer or a rapist back on the streets. I'm sure that judge doesn't not personally believe a murderer or rapist belongs on the streets because of a technicality. What a judge does (and if they don't, they should) do is weigh whether or not the case has merit, the cops did their jobs and nothing more.

I believe -- and maybe I'm naive -- that judges can interrupt the law not in their best interests, but in the best interest for the greater good.

This is the United States of America and while I believe we're the greatest (although not perfect) country on this planet, I also believe that we have the greatest judges.

It's too bad that our self-serving Senators don't believe that.

God Bless

No comments: