Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, September 22, 2006

Playskool Does the Right Thing...

Playskool is recalling Team Talkin' Tool Bench toy because two children -- one 19 months and the other two years -- suffocated on parts from the toy. I send out my heartfelt sympathy to the families who lost their children.

I applaud Playskool for being proactive in recalling the toy, but I wonder why parents don't read the age requirements on children's toys. When buying Christmas presents for Danny and Alex last year, Cheryl and I read the instructions on each box. We made sure that we did not buy one toy that would not be age appropriate for them. I know that Kim, after receiving the gifts, did not give them to the boys until after she did her own check and research on them.

I know that most parents do not have a lot of time, but making sure your child isn't playing with a toy that is beyond their age should be a priority. Keeping our children safe is a must for all of us. Grandparents, make sure you're proactive in not giving little Johnny or Jenny a toy that isn't intended for children of an older age. As grandparents, we should be the first line of defense to assist our children in keeping our grandchildren safe.

God Bless

No comments: