Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Sunday, September 24, 2006

More Thoughts

Life is an interesting thing... I have placed the picture the doctor gave me of the three embroyos on the fridge. Each morning, I touch it and say a little prayer that the kids are on their way to becoming babies. When they told me that one of the embroyos (there had been four) didn't make it, I actually cried a little. It was like losing a part of me. Strange feeling for someone who doesn't think of an embroyo as a baby. I think that the view changes when you're trying to have one of your own.

In the news, I keep seeing stories about step-parents killing children, boyfriends shaking babies to death or last week two different instances of babies stolen from their mothers -- one survived and one didn't. I just wonder what the hell is wrong with people? I mean, I can understand that desire to be a parent, but not to the point where I would harm someone else to get one. I would hope that if I ever felt that way I would go and get the help I need.

Then, personally, I have a friend who if he doesn't seek help, he's going to lose the best part of his life -- his family. So, here's a piece of advice for people out there having difficulties. If your kids don't want to be around you and your spouse repeatedly finds fault with your behavior -- too much drinking or spending money. If your friends are telling you to get help, you might want to listen. You might want to search around until you find a doctor who can help. You might need medicine or you might not, but you can't level off the highs and lows by yourself. Trust me on this. Get the help you need. NOW, before it's too late.

Oh and if you're thinking the world would be a better place without you, GET HELP NOW.

God Bless.

No comments: