Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jail time for Osment, but Gibson gets probation?

Hailey Joel Osment, the young kid from "Sixth Sense", was busted for drinking and driving. Yeah, I know he's underage and I realize that he did get into an accident, but still, as far as I know, this is his first offense, so why is he not getting probation?

Mel Gibson told off a cop -- something I find totally appalling -- and he gets a lousy three years of probation. Plus, look at the age difference. Isn't it worse when a guy Gibson's age (ie, someone old enough to know better) does something stupid -- drinking and driving -- then when an 18 year old does it?

Now, I'm not a person who believes in leniency for drunk drivers by any means. I just can believe the disparity between Gibson's sentence and Osment's.

God Bless

No comments: