Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Star Jones Reynolds

I should start this post by saying, yeah, I know that there is a lot going on in the world -- the Space Shuttle launched and lost some foam, Ken Lay died of a massive coronary, North Korea is falling throwing the bomb in our face, etc., etc. -- so, discussing Star Jones and the View is just fluff -- it's fluff.

But, today, I don't feel like discussing serious issues and everyone deserves at least one day of fluff discussion, so here goes...

Has Star Jones lost her mind? The woman has a brain, for pete's sake, but she has truly lost her mind. I'm sorry that last April ABC decided to not renew her contract. I think since she's been on the show since the start that she deserved a little better send off than what she got, but maybe, she was going to get one.

According to Barbara Walters, the agreement was that Mrs. Reynolds could take the time to find another job and announce anything she wanted. ABC has decided to take the show in another direction, so Mrs. Reynolds lost her job, but MS Walters and Mr. Gedde didn't want Star to lose face. They were allowing her an out. Makes me wonder if Meredith Vieira took the job at the Today Show for the same reason. We're not going to renew your contract, but we don't want you to lose your credibility, go find another job and MS Vieira found a home at the Today Show. -- I should note that I have absolutely no knowledge of this as being true, it just makes me wonder. It, also, makes me wonder if Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck's contracts have been renewed. How much of a different direction does ABC want the show to go?

Anyway, I like Star Jones Reynolds. I enjoyed listening to her views, some I agreed with, some I didn't, but she has always been the best at articulating her views and when she announced -- two days before the show had planned -- that her contract wasn't renewed, I totally disagree with her. It was like committing job suicide. Not only has she been removed way before her contract is completely up from the View's cast, but who is going to hire her now? I think will hurt her chances of moving on.

I pray that she lands on her feet and all goes well with her. I just think taking the bow and walking off head held high would've been the smarter thing to do.

God Bless

No comments: