Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, July 21, 2006

Republican Rep. Steve Nass thinks he speaks for taxpayers

Let me preface this by saying that I don't agree with Kevin Barrett. I don't think our govement leaders conspired to cause 9/11.

But, I think our government made a lot of mistakes. I think our government knew more about the attacks then they say they did. And, I think the House of Representatives did us wrong on November 14, 2002, when they voted down an independent commission to investigate the 9/11 attacks.

Also, I believe that Barrett has the right to belief what he believes and say what he wants to say, just as I do.

I, also, do not believe he should lose his job because of his beliefs anymore than I believe I should lose my job for my beliefs.

But, without really getting into the whole debate, because I would need to hear both sides of the issue, I do take offense -- but I support his right to say it -- to Republican Representative Steve Nass when he stated:


"When 61 legislators condemn a decision by U.W.-Madison and demand the dismissal of Kevin Barrett, the leadership of the U.W. System operates at its own peril if it continues to ignore views of the taxpayers."

First, just what in the world does he mean, "operates at its own peril?" Is he threatening the school? Will our Republican controlled Legistlature take away funding and harm thousands of students enrolled at UW-Madison because of one teacher -- and a PART TIME teacher at that? Is that what he's saying?

Second, since when does the legistlature get to say who becomes an instructor and who doesn't?

Finally, ummm, which taxpayers' views are being ignored? Because I noticed that the REPUBLICANS in the Wisconsin State Legistlature seemed to IGNORE this TAXPAYER'S VIEWS quite a bit last year. They voted for the anti-gay amendment, they never got the insurance bill I wanted passed out of committee and the list can go on and on. So, who is Representative Nass to say that when he and 60 other Representatives sign a paper condeming "a decision by U.W.-Madison" that he is speaking for the taxpayers in Wisconsin?

Because, he isn't speaking for me.

God Bless

4 comments:

grumps said...

And now, Nass is going to think he's grabbed the gold ring. He gets to play with Bill O'Reilley tonight. He'll be the slow kid that all the others make fun of behind his back and then show him off and show him up.

What an idiot.

Julie said...

Oh, man, I hate it when morons get on national TV and represent my great state of Wisconsin! Can't we take a vote and get him banned from TV?

Anonymous said...

Come on now, I live in Australia and I would never have known where Wisonsin was without that Nass fellow carrying on about Barrett and ducking any debate. If he is nice to me I will send him a copy of Dr Griffin's book; "9/11 Commission Report Distortions and Omissions" and Griffin's latest book also. I appreciate that the Wisconsin Legislature might be short of a library but I am prepared to assist and start one up for the overall benefit of the Legislature's Members.
I would also be happy to place on their 'favourite' internet sites some interesting references on 911; such as scholars for 911 truth and 911 blogger so that they can keep up with information circling around the globe.
all the best,

BA.

Julie said...

Great, Nass isn't just making Wisconsinites look stupid in our own country, he's spreading it across the globe!

Thanks for posting!