Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, February 23, 2006

CNN.com - Bush: No need to worry about port security - Feb 23, 2006

CNN.com - Bush: No need to worry about port security - Feb 23, 2006

Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to write anything about the shipping ports until I received more facts, but this quote from President Bush bugs the hell out of me.

He says, "People don't need to worry about security."

We don't? Since when?

Since 9/11, we've been told -- through various people and groups -- that we need to watch what we say, we need to pay attention due to security concerns, etc, etc. We've been told that the President is allowed to circumvent the Constitution of the United States of America because we are at war with terrorists.

But now, President Bush has decided that we don't need to worry about security.

Really?

I'm going to double-check these facts, but Dubai Ports World company will be purchasing Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation -- the company who manages the U.S. Ports now for over 6 billion dollars. Now, Dubai Ports World is located in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) -- a country that has terrorist ties. Money that went to fund the 9/11 attacks came from the banks of Dubai. Two of the 9/11 hijackers were from UAE and Bush considers them our friends? With friends like these, who needs enemies? (she asks in her best Yiddish accent.)

I could go on.

I'm sure someone will jump on the support Bush at all costs bandwagon, but isn't there a place where we should draw a line and say, "No, we don't support you in this?"

God have mercy on us all, because we know the terrorists won't.

God Bless

1 comment:

John said...

Hi there...

Just looking for people's spin on this.
I dont know if you have been doing anymore digging...but I have and it seems like one of the senior execs of the Duabi company has just been nominated to be our "Federal Maritime Administrator..a position that puts him in charge of all of our port infastructue"...his name is Dave Sanborn. Maybe that is why Bush is so adamant about this sale going through... and for the AP to report the other day that Bush knew nothing anout this sale before the "firestorm broke out"...he probably didnt remember nominating "personally" this former exec of that company either....

I have wrote about this on my blog and if you want to check it out, go to
www.jrepinski.blogspot.com

Warm Regards,

John
You can also email me at jrepinski@gmail.com if you like.