Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, July 16, 2010

Question for Arizonia

Governor Brewer and Senator John McCain keep claiming that AZ has the second highest kidnapping rate in the world. Governor Brewer has even claimed that headless bodies have been found out there in the desert wilds. (A story for which she has no proof, I might add.)

Here's my question -- pay attention -- it's a good one: Why would any American consider, even for a moment, taking a vacation to Arizona when the Governor of the state and one of its respected Senators has basically announced that the state is full of lawless illegal immigrants and, because of them, people are not safe? Where would you like to spend your vacation money: some place safe, like, say Maine or in the wild, wild west of Arizona where you'll be lucky to come home outside of a body bag?

Why would you advertise your home state that way?

Hey, I had no plans to visit Arizona this year nor next year, so it really doesn't matter to me. However; I'm sure a lot of people do have or are making plans to go there. Based on what I know about Arizona, the state takes in a lot of tourism dollars, so why would you want to discourage tourism? Especially, when you offer no proof of your claims?

It seems pretty hokey to me. Is this just so Brewer and McCain can win their respective elections come November?

Or, have they been sitting too long in the Arizona sun and they are suffering from heat stroke?

Just asking.

No comments: