Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, August 24, 2007

Crap Email

As you may or may not know, I have subscribed to NewsMax.com's email service. I did this to read the "conservative" side of the news. I write conservative in quotes because I think the makers of NewsMax.com are just playing into people's fears and not really reporting news.

Anyway, I received one more email from them that stated: "Urgent - You Need to Read This". Thinking that this might be a notification that their email list was compromised or something big has happened in the news and I missed it, I opened the email. Here's what I saw:

From "NewsMax.com" <newsmax@reply.newsmax.com>
Sent Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:58 pm
Subject Urgent - You Need to Read This


Dear NewsMax Reader:

Please find below a special message from our sponsor, Early to Rise. They have some important information to share with you.

Thank you.

NewsMax.com

URGENT!

Dear NewsMax Reader:,

We almost had a rebellion on our hands and thankfully I just put the fire out. You see, I recently sent you an invitation to join a profit-party like none other and WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THE RESPONSE. It was overwhelming. And we ran out of places too fast...

Many were disappointed as those golden gates closed. Perhaps you were one of them?

That's why I had to plead to have more places released (I actually wondered if I would start getting hate-mail otherwise!). So what's all the fuss about...?

Well, once in a blue moon, you have a revelation. Something which makes you kick yourself and ask: "I can't believe I've been so blind! How could I have missed this?"

I'm talking about a whole new trading ball-game here... if you're interested in setting up an AUTOMATED extra few grand a month in your spare time, this will undoubtedly be the most important report you read.

So you think this might be about trading shares or commodities? Think again! You're about to walk into a whole new investment world; the LARGEST and most amazingly uncomplicated trading on the planet!

A mountain of solid-gold has passed us by for a long time... but not anymore!

This Insider slapped a brown paper envelope on my desk- a highly confidential report. I read... and realized I was about to make a select number of my subscribers the proposition of a lifetime... so here I am.

I must warn you though, what you're about to read is... well, a little stirring. Just remember though, it's ENTIRELY legal (or I wouldn't be mentioning it to you!) and completely factual.

Just click here.

It'll only take a few minutes to read, but I assure you, it's like nothing you've ever read!

Sincerely,

Patrick Coffey
NewsMax Reader

This e-mail was sent by:
NewsMax.com
4152 West Blue Heron Blvd, Ste 1114
Riviera Beach, FL, 33404 USA

99712

Now, I added the italics, just so you knew what was mine and what was sent.  I, also, removed the blah, blah, email sent with permission from the bottom, the rest is the actual email, minus my personal email address.

There's a link, which I've disabled.  The link leads to a site that promises great wealth if you buy their CDs.  This isn't news and it certainly shouldn't have been sent with a Urgent notice on it.  When I sign up for Newsletters, I realize a certain amount of spam will come along, but this is just ridiculous!

God Bless






No comments: