Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, July 02, 2007

Bush Commutes Libby's Prison Sentence

I don't even know what to say. I know that Presidents and Governors have commuted and pardoned people since the beginning of our nation, but come one. The fact that Bush commuted Libby's sentence isn't a big surprise. What I am surprised about is that some of the Republican candidates feel the need to defend it.

Why?

Bush's numbers are in the toilet. Wouldn't you think they would want to distance themselves from him? It would make sense to me. I certainly wouldn't want to have to defend his decision. Plus, personally, I think -- unless you can be proven innocent -- you should have to serve out your whole sentence. No time off for good behavior, no commuting of sentences, no pardons. I think that's what's wrong in this country, we're not tough enough on criminals.

We can be good Christians and forgive criminals, but it doesn't mean that they shouldn't have to serve out their sentences.

God Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In reguards to your last sentence, there are a lot of "good christians" that do not forgive crininals after their release from prison. There is a saying in the Justice System - Do Not Do the Crime if you can not do the time. Once a person does the time and is released his slate is clean. If we as "good christians" do not forgive and forget then our sins will NEVER be forgiven and we can not enter the Kingdom of God