Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Cops and the morning commute...

We have a lot of nice police officers in this state.  Believe me when I say, I wouldn't want to be out in the cold directing traffic at an accident scene or having to risk my life to break up a domestic dispute.

But this morning, a nice state trooper pulls on the highway from the side of the road.  I'm sure he had been stopped to write a ticket or something, but he had no lights on and there was no reason for any of the rest of us drivers to think he (or she, as I didn't see the officer's face) was gunning to pull someone else over.  We were in a 65MPH zone.

So, someone please explain to me why oh why we have to slow down to 55 MPH in a 65 zone because a cop is on the highway?  Not only does it slow all of us down and cause backups, but it just peeves me to no end.

The police officer is NOT going to pull you over because you did 66MPH, so quit hitting the brakes when you see one and just drive the damn car.  Or, pull over and get out of my way, because I want to do the speed limit.

I'm so glad this officer decided to get off the highway a few miles later.  It meant I could do the speed limit again!

God Bless

No comments: