Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, April 06, 2006

More lack of Background Checks

On the heels of Brian J. Doyle's arrest for being a child molester, I receive my usual weekly email from The Economist. The email contains this little blurb:
Two federal air marshals pleaded guilty of planning to smuggle cocaine on a flight from Houston to Las Vegas. The pair, arrested in a sting operation in February, were hired after the expansion in airline security following the September 11th attacks.
Okay, so NOBODY goes through background checks anymore?!?

What happened to In God We Trust, all others we run through NCIC?

Just how easy is it to get a Federal Air Marshall's job anyway AND are these the kind of people we want protecting our skies?!?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that 95% of our Federal Air Marshalls are upstanding citizens who do the best job they can, but if I was one of them, I'd be really mad that the government let these two yahoo's slip by.

Just where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

God Bless.

No comments: