Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Friday, June 19, 2009

Inbox fatigue

Did you get the email for Robin Williams's supposed plan for peace? It is full of rantings on how America should stop defending other countries and we should give illegals 90 days to get out. I received this email and it pissed me off and not just because it is an unintelligent, uninformed rant attributed to someone who didn't write it, but because the person who forwarded didn't check the facts. And, they didn't clean up the email, by removing all the other forwarded message headers.
As my friends can attest, I rarely forward emails. On those rare occasions when I do, I remove headers, I check the facts and most of the time, I remove those forward to 100 people messages. I received an email yesterday where the writer referred to me as the queen of information and I don't think he meant it in a nice way, but I wear it as a badge of honor.
So, here's my rule: if you don't have the time to make the message look neat and you don'T have time to check the facts, the rest of us don't have time to read it.
God Bless

No comments: