Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, March 05, 2009

CEO Pay

Just a quick note while I'm eating breakfast -- CEO pay. I hear that people don't want this regulated by the government because it isn't capitalism. Yet, I was reared with the idea that he who pays the band, gets to pick the music. I think if companies are receiving my money or rather our money, then they should have to abide by some very strict rules. Further, I read in Business Week that some people think this will cause an exodus of talent. Really? The guys who screwed up are all going to leave their jobs to find greener pastures because they don't like living with the new regulations they brought upon themselves? Poor, poor babies. On top of that, who in their right mind is going to hire them?
God Bless

1 comment:

Zeta Thompson said...

I am still trying to figure out the who;e top management games. Cause you see these guys come from nowhere. They have degrees uch like degrees other people get in college. They have a few years exp somewhere in and industry somewhere then suddenly they are CE)s CF)s etc of lage multmillion internation companies. Someone somewhere must have a factory where they churn these guys out. Cause i can almost guarantee that no one in the ipper echlons of my retail slave company has ever spent 2 or 3 years on the floor of one of the stores they are making these decisions for, much less at the payrate of the employees. So I ask you where is the talent?