Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rush Makes A Fuss

I cannot stand Rush Limbaugh.  I have never been able to tolerate listening to his radio program and watching his I believe now cancelled television show.  I cannot believe that there are 20 million Americans who are so mis-guided and uninformed to listen to this man on a daily basis.  Buy a paper, look at the Internet!  Read a book, folks.  (I really hate it when he calls his listeners folks.)

I heard today that nothing would make Limbaugh happier than if President Obama fails.  He cites that Obama is "talking about the absorption of as much as the private sector by the U.S. government as possible."  Well, personally, I believe he's offbase.  These bailouts do not meant he government will be taking over these industries for the long term.  However; if you want government money to bailout your company, than the government has the right -- no, the duty -- to oversee your business.  My mama told me that he who pays the band, picks the music.  

He listed the banking industry and the car industry, but really what bothered me is that he said "I hope he fails."

See, I believe that you all of us have the right to say and believe what we want -- this is America afterall, but shut up, Rush.  You old windbag do not offer a better plan and right now, America needs action.  We need to step up to the plate and join together to set what is wrong right, to keep what is right and to move forward instep with each other.  People who can only critize without offering a better idea are just baffoons who should be ignored.

I happen to disagree with the bailout.  I have a better idea and if you come back tomorrow, I'll have it all laid out for you.

God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Limbaugh doesn't care how much misery American endures, as long as his ideology isn't being implemented. It's a trait he shares with many others on the "patriotic" right.

Zeta Thompson said...

I am not sure about the bailout. BUT I do know that it has become common to trash the government, laws and decisions publically and over the airwaves. Not just criticize, but degrade, berate and insult with no alternative offered.

People all over the world can see this As a result people in the US have an international image as whiney pushy clueless people. When they discover they don't understand why. Maybe it is because we let people like Limbaugh not only express opinions in a non socially acceptable manner, but let them do our thinking for us?

Here is a challenge for everyone.
http://zetathompson.blogspot.com/