Top Of My Head


Top Of My Head is proud to be Hosted by:

Monday, November 05, 2007

The pot calling the kettle black...

Hello, Kettle, it's me, Pot!

Is the President joking about democracy?  According to CNN.com, "President Bush on Monday urged Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf to sever his links with the military and reinstate civilian rule. Bush said he recognized the threat Musharraf faces from extremists but said the emergency measures 'undermine democracy.' "

President Bush is just being funny, right?  I mean, he's used terrorist threats as a reason to wiretap US citizens without a warrant.  He's suspended our rights (with help from Congress) via the Patriot Act, but he thinks someone else reacting to a threat undermines democracy?  I'm confused.

No matter how you take away a person's rights, you undermine democracy.  It doesn't matter if you're the President of Pakistan or the President of the United States -- democracy suffers.

It's just sadder when the country who is the most democratic does it.

God Bless

1 comment:

Zeta Thompson said...

Umm I beg to differ. Logically from your statement regarding the undermining of it's Citizen's rights, the US is NOT the most democratic Country. At this point in time I would have to say that goes to Canada.